Saturday, March 16, 2013

Coming Clean and "Un" Done . . .

Ok, so you have heard me whine and complain that I have started many minor home improvement projects/room renewals, without actually 100% completing them!! I decided to lay it all on the line and share all the rest of my started-with-the-best-intentions projects. No other explanation needed, here goes:

Upstairs outside porch and our go-to room this time of year . . .





Great space, colorless and sad!
You might remember me sharing bitching about this project -




Painted, but nothing else done!
My pantry before . . .



My playroom-turned-craftroom (again, almost!) . . .





Definitely some promise and maybe a light at the end of this tunnel??
Who can forget my family room?


Close, but not quite a cigar!
The entryway to our home . . . 

Sorry for the dark photo but this is BORING!


And the front hallway closet . . . .

Yes, it's all our photos I plan on putting on DVD . . .  someday (said wistfully in my head). 
The garage . . .  need I say more?




I have organized this space at least four times since living in this house.
The next time will be the last time!
Our sad little stairwell hallway (but love the portraits of the girls done in Paris) . . .


And the master bedroom retreat (it's clean but I am sick of this look!) . . . 
 And my sweet Olivia's room  . . . 


Started with removing the popcorn on the ceiling before repainting and decorating.

A small sitting area on the third floor . . .


 And lastly, the laundry room . . .


Ok, to be fair (and make myself feel a little better), I am showing you these rooms on their worst days. They don't all look like this on an on-going basis and many of them, I have already started their changes (and they have been cleaned up but yucky photos always make for a more dramatic reveal!). 

Therefore, I am sitting here on a Saturday night, fighting to stay awake at 8:08 p.m. (in my defense, I am at the end of a pretty nasty 3 day cold and spent the better portion of the day selling Girl Scouts cookies), so I can pick my oldest daughter up from a birthday party and I was just reading my blog and getting depressed reading in almost all the posts about my Befores and no Afters!

So, from here on out, no more projects started without completion (until I at least make some headway!)!! I promise it to you, and more importantly, to myself! Since the weather has been so nice lately, I am going to tackle the upstairs outside porch and backyard first. I mean really, who wants to wait until Florida summer kicks in. My hair frizzes in the humidity. Hand to my heart, I promise you, an AFTER coming soon, but that is for another post!


No comments:

Post a Comment