Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Hangover . .

Ok, so yesterday was just a great day. We did have to drag ourselves out of bed for 9:00 church service (not even the sunrise service) but had a great service with a great sermon. Our pastor, Pastor Reeb, is such a dynamic speaker I really enjoy listening to him speak. I laugh because my youngest is not really into the sermons and gets to draw on her bulletin during that time, just like I used to. Here's a couple photos of her latest drawings -


















Just to clarify ANY misunderstandings here, those peanuts are dancing! That is it so please get your mind out of the gutter and keep my baby innocent! I actually burst out laughing, in church, when I saw the one on the left. Someone said "bless you" to me so I just went with it and sniffled a couple of times! Aren't they a hoot? Is it wrong that I want to save these for her keepsake box?

Getting ready to open baskets after church.
Wish the bunny brought me a new camera!
Egg hunting time -
the bunny hid the eggs extra hard this year.
Please observe the beautiful decking but not the rest of the yard!
The lawn guy just sprayed for weeds and since that was the only
green back here, it is now almost all gone!




Sitting down to brunch.
Is it just me or is only half of this photo blurry?

We had our favorite brunch, Amish Breakfast Casserole (this is absolutely delicious and reheats nicely for later meals), an easy cheese danish  (which we liked but did not love), cut fruit and boiled eggs. It was nice to actually sit down for breakfast since we usually eat it in the car on the way to school. Anyone else do that?? Just us?


My youngest wanted to try something she had seen on Pinterest . . .
And I think it turned out great and tasted even better.
All-in-all, Easter was really great this year. We missed being with our whole family as we usually do but it just didn't work out this year. My sister and her youngest daughter did to come to hang with us for the better portion of the day while they waited to pick the rest of their family up from the airport at 11:45 p.m.!! It was super nice just hanging out and catching up. A perfect way to end spring break and get ready for one heck of a busy month, but that is all for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment