Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Bitch List -Part One

Ok, so I was aggravated today while driving down the road and I felt the need to just *bitch* about it (sorry if this word offends anyone but I am trying to use my college-educated brain for a better word and I still feel like this word works best!).



Bitch Number One . . .  The One-Finger-Salute Drivers

Now I am driving down the road (58th Ave S passing the cemetery to be exact for my St. Pete friends), when the road merges from two lanes to one. Now, I drive that road almost every day, several times a day, and I know to keep my eyes on fools who continue to drive in the second lane, even though it no longer exists. This guy in a big, black truck comes flying up behind me, tries to pass and realizes there is no room so he gets behind me and then has to slam on his brakes because we are stopped for pedestrians in the crosswalk (not only is there a school here but this is also part of the Pinellas Trail.) He starts waving his hands, honking his horn and being downright belligerent. Now me being the super-nice-never-yell-or-interact-with-other-drivers kind of driver *cough*cough*, point out the walkers who are plainly visible. This fine, outstanding gentleman proceeds to give me the bird!! I mean seriously, what did I do wrong? People like this need to be tarred and feathered! Too much? Ok, maybe just sent to time-out? I don't know but I don't think me waving and smiling back at him helped calm him down.

So that is my Bitch Number One - a driver who gives you the bird when they are the erratic, at fault driver.

Needless to say, I drove just under the posted 30 miles per hour speed limit all the way down 58th Ave.  That will teach him to salute me!

On an entirely different note, I was planning on painting the final coat of paint on my garage doors tomorrow but looks like rain is going to force me inside. Guess I will now have to tackle the laundry and cleaning - ugh!

I sign off with a salute to you (but not a one finger one!). More to come but that is for another post!


No comments:

Post a Comment