Monday, August 27, 2012

Spray Paint is my Friend . . .

Ok, so as I mentioned in a previous post,  I have been busy getting my craft room organized and refurbished. I have painted over the green and pink with a cool blue grey, moved in new furniture, changed the linens on the bed, and just started spray painting everything in sight to cover up the pink and lime green.

Here are two of my spray paint victims!


This box was great in my daughter's room to showcase her snow globes, but now that her room is lime green and zebra stripes, it no longer goes. I want it to hang on my wall and hold larger ribbons that don't fit in my ribbon holder (blog post about that to come).


I love these PB Teen task lights, we had one for each of our work stations. Now, kiss that pink goodbye!


I taped off the edges because I don't want spray paint getting all over the sides.



I also taped off the sliver parts of the lamps because I wanted them to stay silver. I only had black matte spray paint so I decided to use it. I thought I originally wanted to spray them high gloss black but once I saw the finished product, I decided I liked the matte - plus, it saved me money and a trip to the store!


Here's the finished wall box. I think it turned out great.




And here are 2 of the 3 finished lamps. Again, I think they turned out great. I let them dry for a full 48 hours before starting to use them. 

So it's amazing to see what you can do with a can of spray paint.  I have the kids home from school today because of the hurricane that never really happened here in Central Florida, so not sure I will get anything more than movie watching in pjs done today, but I will get back to fixing up my house tomorrow - but that's for another post!

2 comments:

  1. Just a thought-did you use "high heat" paint on those lamps. Those suckers get hotter than the usual lamp-I speak from experience. Might make sure they are turned off when no one is down there with them-otherwise, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I haven't had any problems. It was an outdoor metal paint that you can use on any metal. I will definitely keep my eye on it! Thanks for the warning and I will share if I do have any.

    ReplyDelete