Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cross This Off The List . . .

Ok, so I have S.L.O.W.L.Y. started making some more organizational progress and I want to show off my latest success.


I have this beautiful black armoire we bought about 6-7 years ago. We bought it at a local shop (Treehouse Gallery for those in St. Pete). It took FOREVEEEER to get here! It literally came on a slow-boat from Mexico. For many years, it served as our TV holder and then when our TV got lemon-lawed (super long and quite a funny story), we ended up with a bigger TV that no longer fit in the armoire. Needless to say, I wasn't about to get rid of this piece of furniture so I had to come up with a new purpose for it.


So a couple of years ago, I had my GTG (Go TO Guy) build shelves for the inside and it became my "baking center". This is the inside of it after several years of use! It's a disorganized pigsty!


So I pulled everything out, cleaned all the shelves, eliminated some junk, and made it look pretty again. Ahhhhh, this is much better. I do plan on finding pretty glass containers and making fancy labels for all my goodies but that is in the future when I find a good deal on the containers.  I will also paint or do something else to the plain wood but right now, I just wanted to get it pulled back together.



I have all my baking needs in here: from flour and sugar to sprinkles and vanilla. Plus, the see through containers are perfect to see how much I have of everything.

Notice I didn't open the bottom cabinet? Well, that is for another post!


No comments:

Post a Comment