Friday, January 20, 2012

Time To Get My Creativity On . . .

Ok, so here's a sneak peek of OUR former playroom, turning into MY craft room! YEAH!! I can't wait to get it all organized! I have spent countless hours pouring over Pinterest for ideas.


This is where you walk in from the garage.
The girls would hang their backpacks there
and keep their calendars up to date.
Sorry for the poorly lit photos.
The large desk in the front is my work space. I designed
this space down here and made it large enough to wrap gifts
or work on a scrapbook and be able to keep all the supplies out! I just LOVE it!

This is where my parents sleep when they visit. No, they are not
little people. This is a trundle bed!
Above the bed is wonderful built in storage and the door to the left
(and there is one to the right) leads to a long storage area.

I had my carpenter add the built-in for storage
and to hold a TV and VCR (yes, we are still old school down here!)
The ceiling is a drop down and we hope to have that
removed someday.



This is where the girls used to have their desks. They felt isolated down here
so we bought desks for them upstairs (see Office posts).
Do you like the hamster racing car?

Ok, so I have my work cut out for me. I have moved all the girls' stuff upstairs. I kissed the stripes goodbye and wiped away my tears! Do you have any idea how long it takes to paint those stripes?? I think it was days! I have a slight OCD issue. Once done with the main stripes, I took small paint brushes and kept touching up paint for hours! It was, and is, an obsession. I luuurve it!

But alas, the stripes are now gone - thanks to a lot of sanding and several coats of Zinsser primer! I went with a beautiful shade of blue and will use accents of white and black. I will show you all my progress but that is for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment