Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pinspiration!


Ok, so life has been keeping us super busy. The end of the school year is so exciting for the girls - we have an 8th dance and graduation, year-end parties (out the ying-yang!), dance rehearsal and then recital, piano recital, and so on... you get the idea as we all are enjoying, and rushing to, all these activities.

So what, you ask, do I do to calm myself and embrace the chaos (other than therapy that comes in the shape of a wine bottle, box, or jug - I'm not judging!), I head to Pinterest!!

Something about pulling up my page and seeing all my favorite things, right there, in front of me, makes me giddy like a school girl! We are getting ready to make some minor changes to our house, will post all the before and afters starting next week, and I spent a couple hours with the carpenter designing how I want our coffered ceiling and moldings to hold our pediment we bought at a Paris flea market. My carpenter/contractor is one of the best and reasonably priced. We sat down yesterday and I pulled up Pinterest to show him exactly what I want.


I love the detailing, even though I want mine to be slightly different. The color is also similar to what we want. Don't want to go too dark (please go to my Pinterest page to get all the original sources).


He is also going to make one of these for me, either 8 feet long or 2 4s. This will go on top of my new Pottery Barn piece to help hide the window it is covering. I will use it for seasonal decorating, flowers in the spring, pumpkins and gourds in the Fall, and ornaments with lights at Christmas (can't wait!!). Of course, that long will take a LOT of items to fill it but I am ALWAYS up for that challenge. That's just a few of the items on my Greg List.

Another source of Pinterest love for me is the recipes. Here's what's been on tap for dinner the last couple of weeks:

Chicken Asparagus Roll-Ups
Made these for dinner the other night. I added garlic and used gruyere cheese because that it what I had on hand. I also added the "sauce" on the inside and it all melted together nicely. Would make again.

Crowd Pleasing Taco Salad
This salad was a huge hit with the family. I bought a small bag of Fritos, just enough to give the salad a little bit of crunch. I also used green olives instead of black, added fresh cilantro, used ground turkey breast instead of hamburger, added black beans, corn, and red onion. One final adaptation for our family was using spinach and spring mix instead of iceberg. It was such a hit, that my youngest took it to school with her the next day for lunch (when I made it, we added the dressing and turkey to individual bowls so leftovers wouldn't be soggy and my vegetarian could still eat it).

Sunburst Lemon Bars
While I like the occasional hint of lemon (I do LOVE the smell though), I am not a huge fan. However, when I saw these bars, my mouth started watering! I am making these tomorrow. My husband picked up a big bag of wonderful looking lemons at Sam's this weekend so looking forward to these. I will let you know how they taste.

Pinterest also makes me laugh!


Amen Sista!
Too funny!
So there's my Pinterest love for the day!!! Very excited about the projects starting next week but currently bummed because round 2 of my projects (closing in the pass through from dining to kitchen and replacing all the painted molding on the 2nd floor with stained molding) will have to wait a little bit longer. I just got the estimate from the A/C guy currently working in my house (my contractor's partner). Needless to say, living in Florida, feeling like it is already summer time, my A/C has to work so that takes precedence although I hate writing big checks for something you can't see!!

Can't wait to fill you in on all the changes happening, but that's for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment