Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Turn Out the Lights . . .

Halloween is over and ALL packed up! Yes, I said it. I worked like a mad woman yesterday and packed, stuffed, and shoved all my Halloween and now it's neatly put away!! Yeah!! It's nice to have a sense of accomplishment!

Now, the big question in our family is . . . do we put Fall/Thanksgiving up or go straight to Christmas? For the past two years, we have been in Italy over Thanksgiving break. Yes, we ate pizza for Thanksgiving and loved every minute of it! This year, we will be home but not celebrating at our house.

So what's the big decision? We decided to forgo Thanksgiving decs, hold off on Christmas and use those few weeks in between to finish ALL the projects that have been on my "To Do" list.

So here's the plan:


1. Olivia's Room - Remember this makeover? This room needs valance/curtains, finish the shower curtain turned closet doors, fill frames and recover and paint bench. (Note: the pink Olivia is now a matching green).



2. Playroom to Craft Room Conversion - The painting is done but nothing has been hung on the walls! Organization needs to be done. Curtains need to be sewn. New bedding needs to be ironed and put on the bed. Oh, did I forget to add on my To Do list, clear all the clutter or as my husband calls it, crap!

3. Caitlin's Room - Fill frames with new photos, hang Ikea desktop (converting to vanity/dresser), find cool nightstand and refluff room!

4. Caitlin's Bathroom - Organization. Organization. Organization. Lots of ideas pinned on Pinterest. Time to make them happen!


5. Girls' Office - This room is getting close to being done and has been used a ton! We need to add some more color with fabric. Going to recover those lovely pink chairs, add a curtain/valance above the window, repaint the door, organize the girl's school supplies, add some shelving by my desk, and rework the bookcase.

Those are my big ones, in addition to making some Christmas crafts and starting Christmas cards. I got a lot to do and a short time to get it done but it will be nice going into the holidays organized, all those little items checked off my To Do list and the house looking guuud (head bob up and down)! I will keep you updated on my progress but that will be for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment