Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Super, Fun Weekend . . .

Ok, so I have been hard at work cleaning (house on the market), and clearing out (too much junk to move if the house ever sells), and feeding children, and driving children., and of course, let's not forget, forgiving a cheating ex-spouse! (On a side note real quick, I belong to a great support group at my church called Divorce Care, I highly recommend it for anyone going through a separation or divorce.

Back to my fun-filled weekend. I walk with a friend on Friday mornings and she mentioned this sale she heard about happening this weekend. It's called Brocante Vintage Market and it is held in St. Petersburg, FL, the first weekend of every month. So needless to say, it sounded fun and I sure needed a shopping trip. I haven't bought anything for the house in a LONG time (well, yes, it is on the market and I am clearing out - see above) but why should I let that stop me? Boy, did I have a great time there. Now I am the type of person who would rather pay full price, or more, to avoid major crowds. I got to the market a little after 10 (after dropping off another child) and it was still packed. I have heard that people line up as early as 6 a.m. No thank you! I will never know what items I didn't get because I wouldn't stand in line so no harm, no foul!

Here's some fun photos I took -

I love the vignettes,
such great merchandising!



Of course, I had my eye on that stained-glass
sitting on the shelf but figured it would
be damaged before I found a home for it.
The check out lines were brutal but
everyone was nice and apologetic.
Tip - bring cash!






Mom, Edgar Allen Poes! 
My purchases!
I have really been wanting some old trophies.
This one is from 1967 and was the hit of the
check out line because of course, we were
all checking each others goodies while waiting there.
I had several people say they wish they had seen it and
one offered to buy it from me. No deal!
I also wavered on the tray but could picture
it in my new house (even though I have
no idea what that house will look like!).
I did decide to pack up my goodies and save them for the new house. I also made another decision, I was planning on taking most of my current furniture to my new abode but decided I didn't want it. Too many memories. So I plan on selling almost all of it and will have fun, with the girls, looking for special pieces to create new memories.

With that being said, I had about 20 minutes to kill before picking up my oldest so I headed to an antique store that is new to me. Holy cow! This place is huge and there was so much to see. I didn't see any more trophies but I did come across this lovely -



Isn't it cool? It's on sale for $350 and I was told I could do
layaway. Think I just bought myself a Fat Tuesday present!?!?
 After all my shopping, we ran to the store for some goodies for dinner and I made a lasagna for the next day's super, fun activity - a Polo match in Sarasota.

I wish I could claim this recipe as my own but it's not,
it's Joy Behar's and it's the best - hands down!
Of course I had to make extras,
so my little one has eaten it for the past 5 meals!
It was a beautiful day to be outside.
Doing the divot dance at in between chukkers.
This was taken by my youngest and looks like
a Ralph Lauren ad.
At different Polo matches, there are different themes and this one was Italian. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of our set-up/food but we had a great time (thanks again Michel for the invite) and even better food.

Needless to say, after a shower when we got home, I collapsed on the couch and stayed there for most of the evening!

Lots more to catch you up on but that is for another post!



No comments:

Post a Comment