Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Are You Freaking Kidding Me?

Ok, so you know by now that life has literally been a spiraling whirlwind lately. In one of the videos in my Divorce Care class, they liken going through a divorce to being battered in the ocean. You literally just get your feet back under you and BAM! You get slammed by another wave. You finally come up for air (and sometimes barely) and BAM! You get slammed again. It is so true. I think I am starting to get my act together, starting exercising (yoga and boy do I have some funny stories to share), eating right, and getting my finances situated when BAM! I've got shingles.



I had several in a row (apparently how they grow) on my temple. After going to my primary, I had to go to an Ophthalmologist to make sure none were inside my eye - luckily no. Let me tell you, those suckers hurt and I am thankful I did not have a lot. When they were shooting with pain, it felt like I was being hit by a small amount of lightning, they really burned. The pain didn't last long, really only seconds, but would repeat dozens of times during the day. The worst part was the flu-like symptoms. Seriously, one day I wanted to just crawl into bed and never get up again. Problem is, being a single mom, that is not an option! I had all the symptoms except for the fever. I was told by one of the doctors it was kind of like a faux flu, faux my a$$! I am slowly on the mend and trying to get my house pulled back together. I am still very congested and I have NO energy but hope that will come back soon.

With that being said, I played a LOT on my iPad and of course my two favorite apps - Pinterest and Zillow. What really got me through those chills and aches was dreaming of a new home for the girls and myself (still nothing major happening with our house though). We would love to move back to Old NE, a wonderful part of St. Petersburg, Florida. Many of our friends live there and the homes are old (1920s), charming, and have such character. There are always people outside walking around, biking, you name it. It's near downtown and the water and just has the most wonderful feel.


Just a sample of a few Old NE homes  -
what's not to love?
So while we were slowly converting our current house into a Mediterranean-feel (still had a long way to go), for our new house, I want to go in an opposite direction. Slightly more feminine with soothing neutral tones with a mix of traditional, natural colors (Doesn't that sound fancy? And to think I just made it up - yes, I am still on drugs and not on wine!).

Color LOVE -



Seriously, I am jonseing about decorating a new house and having heart palpitations just thinking about it. The girls and I really need a calm, relaxing home to call our own. We still live in the house we used to live in as a family for the last 10 years, and it is hard for all of us to move on while doing so.

I can't wait to share more of my vision with you all, but that is for another post!


No comments:

Post a Comment