Friday, September 6, 2013

Getting Back Into Routine . . .

Ok, I am back. It's been a long time since I have written a post and to be quite honest, I have really missed the writing portion of blogging. Now why was I gone for the last 7 weeks, you ask? Well, if I was a guy, I would say life kicked me in the nuts. Being a "more mature" woman, perhaps I could sum it up best and say life kicked me in my super deflated, hanging in my Southern Hemisphere, need a crane to life them up boobs! Too much? Sorry!

To be honest, everything I knew and thought that was true, was taken away from me. My hubby of 17 years (and best friend for almost 20), came home after a week-long vacation without his family, and told me he didn't want to be married anymore and that he was moving out and on. I am a big girl, and you could have honestly knocked me over with a feather. I NEVER expected that. My heart, my future, my family, everything I had worked for in the last 20 years, was taken from me and I had absolutely NO SAY in it whatsoever. For those who know me, not having a say has never been an issue of mine! Now there is a lot more to this story but in the spirit of self-preservation and for the sake of my girls, this is all I am going to say about this right now. If you are a friend of mine and want more "scoop", please don't hesitate to call me. I am leaning heavily on my friends and family right now and I thank God for them everyday. I have also started seeing a family counselor at our church (girls are going with me next time) and joined a Divorce Support Group. Both are very cathartic and will help me move forward.

With all this being said, there are some other major changes going on in our lives right now. I know seriously, what else could be happening? Well, we are selling our house and the girls and I will be looking for a new pad to call home. I have to say, with all the time, energy and money I have put into this house, it sure does look good - for someone else.

So here's the listing so you can see how pretty it looks (professional photos totally make a difference!).

Here's a few of the photos  -



So, when the highlight of your summer is an emergency appendectomy (ahhhh yes, that happened too, I will definitely blog about that later because that story is so freaking funny, you will pop a stitch!), you can honestly say your summer sucked. As the girls and I say Worst. Summer. Ever. But now I have a clean, pretty house and will begin a house hunt very soon. I LOVE looking at houses so super excited about that part.

I will keep you filled in on what is going on in my life, the highs and the lows, as well as share our house search and making that house into a home. We have a lot to be thankful for, a lot to look forward to, and a lot of pain to heal. We will get there, just the three of us (not sure if we are more like the Three Stooges or the Three Amigos, only time will tell?!?!).

Much, much, much more to come, but that is for another post!



No comments:

Post a Comment